Wednesday, September 21, 2022

“False Negative”

Well, it seems as if I was duped y'all...or at the very least...MISINFORMED. Found out yesterday (consulted my doc as I am in the middle of a Celiac flare up)that there is NO WAY the second blood test I had done in 2019 was accurate. It showed as negative for elevated antibodies in my blood that indicate Celiac Disease because I had no gluten in my body for the necessary six weeks leading up to the test. Have you ever wanted something so much you willed it to be? Well, let me just tell you...after we spent two wonderful weeks in France and I ate ALL THE BREAD over there with no issues...I came back fully convinced that I was healed. I went right back to my gf diet and set up a second opinion test at Emory Hospital for two months later and got what I now know was a "false negative" test since I was not introducing the gluten into my system to have an accurate test. As of yesterday, I am back on the gluten free train, and am better informed. Onward and Sideways. - The GFG

No comments:

Post a Comment