Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Juicing Ginger!

Cason and I watched a Documentary by Joe Cross called 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead'. (it's on Netflix y'all..check it out) In this film we learned just how starved a person can be on a nutrient level EVEN if you are consuming large quantities of food daily. A simple way of saying it is- put the good stuff in that your cells can thrive on and your body is a lean, mean healthy machine that is nourished and all happy! If you don't give those cells the basic nutrients they need to function they become Unhappily filled with toxins in an effort to keep your organs safe from them and things get ugly real quick. The results can be weight gain, sickness, fatigue, depression,etc. #yuck #nothanks

Sooo....we bought a Juicer! We chose a Breville and took a field trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond to use my shiny 20% off coupon for it :) #economizingGinger
To be honest I was a little hesitant to get started because I thought it would be a big ole mess to clean and it would taste like some hippie concoction of grass and lemon juice.....I. WAS. WRONG!!! There is some basic inner child instinct that went off like a bell as I fired up the juicer and watched as it magically transformed boring fruits and veggies into a terrific tasting potion that makes us feel freaking awesome. After just a few days of starting my morning with fresh juiced cucumber, lemon, apple, spinach and carrots I can't imagine NOT having it. It's an all natural and perfectly legal HIGH! #dude #sweet

-The GFG

No comments:

Post a Comment