Monday, April 9, 2012

Catchin' Mah Breath...Phew!

Wow!! What a whirlwind of events that have kept me going non-STOP for the last week!! 1950's date night on the 31st of March was an absolute DREAM :) We had amazing food, wine, company and I even got approached by a cast member of "Hairspray" about where I got my dress. #winningmoment

After THAT amazing night we spent a lazy afternoon lying on a blanket at a park in Atlanta for a little while until it was time to pick Gamer Boy up from his father.( My whole life revolves around when I get to pick him back up.) LAWD. HELP. ME. when he goes off to college. I'm sure he will be thankful for text messaging even more then than now so he won't have to constantly have me calling to be all "worried Mom" on him. #can'thelpit

FASTFORWARD---> to this past weekend. I come from a HUGE. SOUTHERN. FAMILY. The matriarchal centers of our universe are my Nannie and my mother. Imagine if you will - two lovely Southern women with their hip length hair pinned up and wearing either plaid or floral(HAND)embroidered aprons in the kitchen cooking up what dreams are made of and there you have it. Except - for this year. My Nannie was scheduled to preach at her parsonage in South Georgia and my mother came down with the flu. Soooooooo-------me and my older Sis' Tonya throwed down a dinner worthy of their praise AND we did it with only a few hours to prep :) We spent the afternoon in the shade of my Sis' two Oak trees playing Full. Contact. Cornhole. (Cornhole mixed with some smack talkin' and an occasional wayward beanbag being purposefully thrown AT the other team). I ate 100% OFF my rocker and am currently awaiting the afterburn to settle on me. But ya' know what? IT. WAS. WORTH. IT. - The GFG

No comments:

Post a Comment