Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Pin Up Dress COMETH.........

Imagine if you will a six foot tall(flaming red headed) tomboy/hippie in jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops with a constantly fabulous pedicure - TA DA!! That's me. No more. No less. I've always had somewhat of a difficulty in shopping for clothes due to my height and being....(spoken in my finest Southern decorum)..Blessed.In.The.Chest. Seriously y'all. Just TRY finding anything on a department store rack that understands that I am tall, large chested, have curves but am NOT the size of a circus tent and you will begin to get some clarity to how I wound up living most of my days in cozy cotton t-shirts that actually FIT my waist and give for 'the girls'. #acceptanceisthekeyhere

Much to my dismay- Cinderella and The Little Mermaid did not have a similar problem so dressing up like a fairytale princess was out of the picture - or so I thought. Insert boyfriend that loves my shape and the 1950's and what do you get?? .....Me ordering my very first pin up dress!!! I. Am. SO. Excited. The women from that era really knew how to rock their curves, be sexy(not slutty) and looked put together from head to toe. For the sake of imagery...google Joan from the T.V. series 'Mad Men'. She is SMOKIN hot to me and I hope I live up to the dress when it arrives :) #excited - The GFG

2 comments: