Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tales From Our Living Room

Gamer Boy and his best friend 'Alan the Great' are ALWAYS camped out in my living room. Alan on Xbox in front of our television and GB at what I call 'command central'. After a year of this I know two things for certain - 1. One trip to the grocery store a week is a joke. These boys are dispose ALLS. And 2. They speak a modified version of English which I have decided to brand as 'Gamer-nese'.
Throughout my time spent with them I have come to learn that 'camping' does NOT include roasting marshmallows or a tent but instead is a term used to yell into their headsets at their invisible friends for hiding during a battle on their favorite game 'Call of Duty'. The term 'no-lifed it' translates to a person who has spent the majority of their time(with breaks only for eating, minimal sleep and bathroom necessities) playing this game in order to prestige up. There are MANY more modifications made and spoken in Gamer-nese of which leave me laughing hysterically and shakin' my head at these boys.
Its a rainy day here in the boondocks so I'm sure they will teach me more today. This is just part of my every day life and I love it. The things heard in our living room are memories I will cherish always. - The GFG

No comments:

Post a Comment